Happy Christmas to everyone who's reading this blog. Thank you for taking the time to head over here to read about all the exciting new things which are to happen for She's Got Claws in 2021.
Firstly, please find below the Christmas newsletter, which, if you have joined the She's Got Claws mailing list, you will have waiting for you in your inbox (or check your Junk box, if you haven't added SGC as a contact). If you would like to be added to the mailing list, to receive all the latest news and special offers (there will be quite a few in 2021) then please send your email address over to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the mailing list box on our Home page...
If you would like to unsubscribe to the mailing list, please send us a quick message using the email address above and we will take you off the list. We are so sorry to see you leave.
Onto the plans for 2021...
1. A new video in the making. We will be collaborating with a fabulous friend, Maria Metheringham, who is coming on board to help choreograph the new video for Lithium. I have been deeply inspired by a live performance by Kate Bush in the 1980s and feel that this performance will help create the visuals for our song Lithium. Maria is experienced in choreography and is also an actress and film maker who's featured in many horror movies, a few of which are now on the Horror Channel. So we believe that the visuals are in safe hands, note that there won't be any horror movie influences. Plans for this video will begin in January.
2. Go fund me. Because of the uncertainty around the creative industry, She's Got Claws is also feeling the pinch. To make the future a little brighter, we will be opening a Go Fund Me page to help fund 2021, so we can carry on and give you new music, physical CDs and potential performances. We've thought about this for a while, it's a case of swallowing our pride or we won't be able to carry on and we believe that we have a lot more to offer you. We truly hope we can count on your support, as this is a tough decision to make.
3. Remix album... We have made a list of songs, taken from every release (War Torn, Debut, Synthetic Emotion, Doppelganger) which we feel would make fabulous and exciting remixes. This will result in a brand new album! We haven't made a remix album before, so this is a very exciting venture which will dust off the cobwebs in the studio since the release of Doppelganger in September 2020.
4. Debut album... With lots of interest in this first outing of She's Got Claws and the fact that this album is no longer available anywhere online, we would like to be able to give you a physical album with full artwork. This is something which this album has never had, as it was only available as a promo copy (no artwork) and as a download/stream in 2012.
For this to happen, we need to have a list of wonderful supportive people who will pledge that they are interested in owning this physical album. When we have received enough people on this list, then we will announce a release date. All costs will need to be covered, including CD duplication and printing.
Please add your name by sending us a quick message to: email@example.com
5. Online performances... We have been asked by many to perform live online. This is definitely possible, so we are seriously considering this for 2021. It will be myself and Chris on bass with a little help from my trusty workhorse laptop, as I would need to grow many extra arms for it all to be live.
The only way to make our music completely live would be to form a band, we've been there before with our previous band. We would need trustworthy people to join who purely want to perform our songs with us. That is all we would ask from potential band members. It's a thought to put into a melting pot of ideas for performing in the very near future.
What has happened in December...
I put together a video for the radio edit version of Lying in the Dust with lyrics and uploaded the full version to You Tube, Facebook Page and the SGC website. This song was exclusively edited so it would be a lot snappier for radio play. It is now exclusively on the playlist of BBC Introducing. They broadcasted this song for the first time on Saturday 12 December.
The last day was announced on Facebook and SGC website for sending out albums and EPs on 15 December. This includes within the UK, the post is unbelievably slow, slower than it has ever been in the festive month. I hope everyone has received their items safely. If you haven't, please contact us. Please rest assure that we have sent all packages out in the UK, Europe and the US.
We have, during 2020, been more active on Bandcamp. Most of our releases are on Bandcamp for you to download. Don't forget that the first Friday of every month, Bandcamp waver their fees, so the artist receives all the money you give! In December I have received an email saying that Bandcamp will carry this on into 2021 as it has been a massive success. Thank you to everyone who's bought our songs and albums from Bandcamp, your support is hugely appreciated.
Red Bubble... there is now the opportunity to get your mitts on She's Got Claws merchandise, courtesy of Red Bubble, who take our artwork and photos and individually print them onto many items at your request, including t-shirts, mugs, dresses, phone covers, framed prints... you name it they will print onto almost any item!
We are receiving sales in December, we would love to see your photos of you wearing your t-shirts/dresses or posing with your items!
If we receive enough photos, we shall create a new Blog and also add your photo to our Merchandise page on our website, with a personal thank you.
The prices for all of our albums will be assessed in January 2021. Special offers and bundles will be added too. Please check out our Music page in January for more details.
A surprise... On 23 December we will be uploading a special Christmas message to you onto Facebook and other social media sites. Please keep checking on this day.
All that's left to say now is thank you. Thank you so very much for all of your valuable support throughout 2020, and we hope we can count on your support in 2021 too.
Have a very merry Christmas, please stay healthy and safe and have a very prosperous New Year!
She's Got Claws
#blog #newsletter, #shesgotclaws #shesgotclawsuk #newmusicfriday #december #facebook #uk #europe #festive #christmas #newyear #2020 #2021 #bandcamp #bandcampfriday
She's Got Claws
Hi and welcome to my She's Got Claws' blog!
Micci - Synth-pop composer who likes to write from the heart and sometimes my head gets in there too.
"Gritty and engaging synth pop" -The Electricity Club
"A one woman electronic powerhouse" -Electronic Sound Magazine