Hi cats, how are you? (If you are not a cat fan then I apologise for calling you this, although I am called She's Got Claws for a reason ;) )
Happy New Year to you, I hope this year has kicked off with a very positive start for you.
I shall kick start this blog by announcing the official release for my third studio album called Doppelgänger.
28 June is the date when this album will be released across social media and when pledging for a hard copy plus all the other exclusive goodies on Pledge Music will end. So please put this in your diaries, there will be the option to pre-order online too if you prefer to buy from iTunes or Amazon etc.
I am still in the process of writing this album in my studio so may seem a little optimistic to have this completed and circulating around the radio stations before its released, but I feel confident this will happen.
I am not alone for this album, I have Chris who's playing live bass throughout and staying very close for when I need a fresh pair of ears when it is being produced.
Chris used to be the bass player for my previous band, Paparazzi Whore, which became as infamous as the only album we released in 2006. Wow that seems a very long time ago! We also released a few singles and an EP too as well as lots of gigging and television appearances.
So it's fantastic to have him back on board to give the songs a bigger edge and angst with his gritty bass playing.
I have 15 songs still to go through which are in demo form and Chris and I will choose which ones will work well on this album.
The album is named Doppelgänger as there are a few songs which are receiving a facelift which were either never released or were featured on another release, hence the name Doppelgänger. The opening track which is called Doppelgänger is an instrumental version of a track called Fake which was a single release by Paparazzi Whore in 2008. We feel it would be a real shame for this track to be put in the archives to gather dust, plus this is Chris's favourite bass riff he has ever written.
There are new songs on there too and every month up to the release there will be a snippet of one minute of a new track. The first has just been uploaded to Pledge Music and You Tube as a video, this is the middle 8 to Doppelgänger. The next snippet will be released at the beginning of February with another one minute video clip of She's Got Claws.
The artwork for Doppelgänger is yet to be completed. Chris has shot the photo (O-Ten Photography) and is waiting for me to spare the time to create the artwork, I think I need to find my Doppelgänger!
Here is the one minute video of Doppelgänger...
So here is a brief summary of what is happening in the coming months up to the official release of the album:
* Demoes are being chosen to work on to be included in this album release. A few may be held back in case we decide to release a few singles or an EP;
* SGC's Pledge page has been submitted to Pledge Music's Admin, who will look through the page and hopefully within the next few days officially launch the page for all to see. When I have word of this happening I shall announce on Facebook with the live link. The link above should work but please keep checking Facebook too.
* Photography is completed and is now awaiting to be incorporated into the artwork. The artwork will be officially announced on Pledge Music for all you lovely cats who have kindly pledged;
* Doppelgänger album will be released on 28 June 2019. Pledgers on Pledge Music will then receive the exclusive items they have pledged for from this date;
* Press and interviews will be arranged from April onwards to coincide with the release. Chris will be managing this side and we will both be involved in the promotional appearances.
* Exclusive video clips will be created of us both in the studio as the album is coming together. We will talk through what we are doing at the time to give you an incite into what it takes to create this album. These video clips will be uploaded to Pledge Music so pledgers can exclusively see them.
* Brief updates including photos will be uploaded to Instagram. There are a few videos and photos there already so please follow me so you can see these first (shesgotclawsuk)
I think I have covered everything for now. I shall fulfil a new years resolution of keeping this blog up to date with a lot more updates and links.
Happy new year and I hope to hear from you soon
She's Got Claws xx
She's Got Claws
Hi and welcome to She's Got Claws' Blog, where you will find updates and She's Got Claws will discuss their thoughts on music. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
"Gritty and engaging synth pop" -The Electricity Club
"A one woman electronic powerhouse" -Electronic Sound Magazine